Review: Bad, Bad Girl

Bad, Bad Girl Bad, Bad Girl by Alta Hensley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ever the fan of Ms. Hensley's domestic discipline stories, this trilogy completes the Traditional Series. The first two books Traditional Love and Traditional Terms I have already read and my reviews are up. I picked this book so I could read the third, Traditional Change. I loved it. I love this group of friends and I wish there were more in this world she's created. In Traditional Change, vanilla of the quartet, Rebecca, is crashing. Ever the go-getter, she envisioned a much different life than her current one. Most of all, she did not expect to be a failure in her job and her marriage. Single, depressed and in a dead end job, she envies her three best friends, living the dream.

But is it a dream? Rebecca struggles with the concept of their alternative lifestyle. Spanking and domestic discipline is a bit too much like domestic abuse and she wants nothing to do with it. When she meets a man through her one of her best friends, Neely, she should have known he would be a Spanko. Sawyer is a tattoo artist who learned about the lifestyle from Neely's husband, Caine. When he meets the short, timid and curvaceous Rebecca, he is intrigued. When her red headed temper flares and he sees her spark, he is enamoured.

From a character perspective, I liked these two the best of the three couples. I liked Rebecca's challenging of the lifestyle and Sawyer's explanation. Whether a person agrees with this lifestyle or not, Ms. Hensley does a nice job of explaining it and why it works for some people. It takes the right dynamics and boy is it amazing when it works. I loved the tentative exploration by Rebecca and I also enjoyed Sawyer's blunt talks. Plus he is hella sexy hawt! Bad boy with a softie inside is a weakness of mine. The erotic scenes in this story are sweet and sensual. The spankings both for fun and punishment were delightfully arousing.

I only have two wishes for this story. I wish that the ending didn't come so quickly and wrapped up so dramatically. And I wish this trilogy was actually a quartet with Kendell's story. Perhaps a follow up one day? This collection is recommended to domestic discipline lovers.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Blushing Books


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts