Review: Borderline

Borderline
Sneaky Landry is at it again. What about BOB? #bookreview @tymberdalton
Borderline by Tymber Dalton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

What about Bob? When Bob first appeared in The Cardinal Rule, he came across as an afterthought. Because really, he is a paying submissive to Pro-Domme Tilly. What really could come out of that relationship? What's more is, I loved Cardinal Rule and the happily for now ending broke my heart. I have always been a Cris fan. Yes, Landry is sexy hawt. And Tilly I'm iffy about. Bob though, who the heck is Bob? Years later, brokenhearted and resigned to a life of watching from the outside, we finally learn about Bob. This book is a continuation of a couple of previous ones, but it is fine to read as a standalone.

Whilst I love the attention given to Bob in this story, I'm a bit mixed at times. He is a submissive male who enjoys women. He loves to submit to women. Getting involved with Cris and Landry is a bit odd for me. The way Landry sneakily tests Bob's heteroflexibility makes me feel a little ill at ease. Still, it seems to work for Bob. He is getting accustomed to Landry's behaviour modification as well as sexual conditioning. Seriously, what masochist doesn't drool a bit at the thought of submitting to Landry, gay or not?

This story takes a few painful strolls down memory lane. Bob becomes a character with more depth as we learn about how he comes to his lifestyle. And how he misses out each time or gets screwed over. Instead of just a cardboard stand in, he takes on a life that makes me sad for him. Not that I pity him, but more that his yearning for something just within his reach each time that gets yanked away, it is like a bitter pill. His wistful memories of the first woman who tuned him into submission compared to the forlorn depression when Tilly kicks him to the curb is hard to witness. The song, Mr. Cellphone, describes him.

Cellophane, Mister Cellophane
Should have been my name, Mister Cellophane
'Cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me and never know I'm there


Fortunately, Landry has other plans and it starts to take shape in this story. Spoiler alert, it does not complete in this story, because Ms. Dalton is also a sadist like Landry who enjoys keeping readers in suspense. This erotic romance is recommended to readers who like seeing the quiet and nice guy finally get noticed. 

Comments

Popular Posts