Review: The Panther’s Lost Princess

The Panther’s Lost Princess The Panther’s Lost Princess by McKenna Dean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lions, leopards and bears, oh my! New to me author Ms. Dean hooks me into her fantasy world starting from the first page. Struggling to survive Ellie West is pining her dreams on a singing audition. Working as a waitress in a little cafe isn't her dreams, but it keeps her housed in a tiny apartment of her own. With no one to call family, Ellie only has two friends in the world - her boss and co-worker. How depressing is this? What is sad is that this story plays across most countries and many people are in the same situation as Ellie. Without a family to help her go to college or receive more training, she isn't qualified to do much more. Wishing for a bit more in her life, her wish is granted, just not in the manner she hoped. Turns out, Ellie is not all alone in the world and she was not thrown away. Her parents may never come back to find her, but her grandfather has been searching for her, her entire life. When an agent he's hired finds Ellie, life becomes much more exciting.

I loved the characters in this story. I really liked Ellie. Not only because she is a my favourite shifter form, but because she wants to make the world a better place. She has ideas and she wants to help people. Her kindness is genuine. When she learns of the power she can hold over people, she becomes even more thoughtful. She is the kind of friend everyone wishes to have and can only hope to emulate. When she meets Jack, the man sent to find her, she is struck in more ways than one. Jack is a honourable guy who worked hard to get to where he is now. His background helps him understand Ellie better. And it helps that he is her fated mate, whether it is a politically advantageous or not.

I like the world Ms. Dean crafts, with mixed pack/clans of shifters and different royalty. I also liked how humans kind of know of shifters and their anti-shifter sentiments. These all hint of more to come and I can't wait to see how this world expands and what characters will be featured next. This book starts out in a good pace and half way through, it starts moving much faster. I loved how the action ramped up and came to an explosive conclusion. What I really liked was how Ellie made a tough choice and how she uses her power for good. It appeals to the entrepreneur and kingdom building in me. I hope more books in this series come out in the future. This paranormal romance is recommended to readers who enjoy damsels in distress who can save themselves.

* Review copy provided via Reading Alley for an honest review. 

Comments

Popular Posts